Solid Digital’s senior art director, Jonathan Speir, took the lead on this project. As our senior designer, Jonathan is specifically focused on the needs of our clients. His day-to-day tasks include meeting with the client’s creative team, providing artistic direction, mapping the user interface and user experience, and creating user-friendly designs. As with every project, Jonathan’s end goal was to deliver a finished product that thrilled us and, most importantly, our client.
Throughout the project, Jonathan served as the “steady hand” to manage the concerns and preferences of the website’s core stakeholders and project team, which included the firm’s founding partner, its marketing director, and its finance and administration manager. Jonathan became a trusted member of the team, using his ability to describe visual and creative concepts in a way everyone from technophobes to technophiles could understand.
Our chief objective was to cut through the unnecessary page clutter, verbiage, and general ambiguity of the old website and replace it with a clean, consolidated, vertical scrolling experience that would be visually engaging on any size screen (from mobile to tablet to desktop) and easy to navigate, and reflect Vantage’s team-oriented culture. Key features of the prototypes we developed included:
- Home page slideshow of professional and candid photos evoking the firm’s Chicago roots and team spirit
- A trio of portals for individuals, teams, and organizations that steer users to the landing pages highlighting the firm’s services
- A thumbnail gallery featuring professional-quality black and white headshots of the firm’s entire staff. Rolling over a particular photo turns it to color and spurs a drop-down panel with the individual’s bio and contact information. All the bios are optimized for search engines so that proper name searches lead directly to the individual’s headshot on the “Who We Are” page, which also includes photos and bios of the firm’s advisory board, wrapped up with a Join Our Team link to the careers section
- Logos of Vantage clients that with single click activates a drop-down box containing a testimonial quote from the client’s senior leadership about the great services Vantage provided their organization
- Visual enhancements such as infographics illustrating the firm’s key metrics and a slideshow format highlighting key milestones in the firm’s history
- A resources section with downloadable white papers, publications, and links to news articles featuring the firm’s experts.