Baxter Credit Union Investment Advisors (BCUIA) is a group of nearly 20 investment professionals. Member owned, BCUIA provides customized financial education services to companies and their employees, as well as a wide variety of financial planning services to private individual and family clients.
Baxter Credit Union (BCU) created a website for its Investment Advisors (IA) without giving them much input. BCUIA decided to create its own website to better meet its specific needs. They wanted the site to be an informative destination for its prospective and current members, and to serve as an effective lead-generation tool. After speaking with five web design firms, BCUIA selected Solid Digital.
BCUIA had five key objectives for its new website:
- Be the financial hub of its members’ lives.
- Become a go-to resource for sound financial advice and education.
- Develop a world-class website that portrays the BCUIA team as high-touch professionals.
- Build and add value to BCUIA’s brand.
- Increase web traffic and drive new business.
Following our proven methodology for new client engagements, we began with a series of client meetings to understand BCUIA’s challenges, objectives, resources and much more. Forging a candid, collaborative bond is always our goal. We all concluded the new site would differentiate itself and BCUIA by connecting with users on an emotional level, and immediately establishing an initial level of credibility and trust.
We contracted with third-party provider, Lead Fusion, to incorporate into our new site a series of industry-leading financial calculators and a library of in-depth articles. (Our contact at Lead Fusion actually said the BCUIA website was one of the best he had ever seen.)
“We relied on strong images and brief, compelling copy rather than a ton of text, like so many other financial services websites.”
- Conducted and recorded focus groups with BCU clients and internal stakeholders. Studied findings, drew conclusions and made actionable recommendations for the new site, which impacted its: user offerings, design, functionality, imagery, copy and overall user experience.
- Worked closely with BCU to create the information architecture.
- Wireframed core page templates.
- Selected and, when necessary, augmented all images.
- Incorporated articles and calculators from third-party provider, Lead Fusion.
- Integrated HTML/CSS into the ExpressionEngine content management system.
- Created and executed a strategic search engine optimization (SEO) strategy.
- Developed custom copy for the entire website.
- Conducted extensive testing and refinements prior to launch.
- More than 300 percent increase in leads (more than 50 leads came in just February ’12).
- More than 500 percent increase in web traffic.
- According to BCUIA, the new site has more than paid for itself.
- The new site is now the primary driver and depository of BCUIA’s integrated marketing efforts and materials – its newsletters, educational seminars, webinars, etc. It essentially serves as a highly efficient, one-stop shop for marketing, client communications and more.
“Working with Solid Digital was a very collaborative, rewarding effort. They brought many creative approaches and strategies. There were many changes along the way, and their team was extremely accommodating with fulfilling our needs. Throughout the process, they were eager and enthusiastic. I really enjoyed their energy and positivity. Our new website really delivers on all we had hoped.”